At our April 9th meeting, Columbia College Associate Professor David W. Berner led us through the nine steps for writing success:
- Read, including works outside your genre
- Understand the reasons why you’re writing
- Know the publishing industry
- Keep writing after rejection; your writing is the one constant
- Rewrite but don’t write and edit at the same time
- Research agents
- Do it all again.
David entertained us by reading an excerpt from his next work He also graciously stayed to chat and to sign his book, Accidental Lessons—A Memoir of a Rookie Teacher and a Life Renewed which, incidentally, he sold out all his copies!