Why? To provide writers with the setting and luxury of structured time to focus on writing! IMAGINE being in a beautiful spot where there are no phones, no internet, no kids, or dogs with leashes hanging out of their mouths begging for attention.
That’s exactly what In Print will provide — if you’re brave enough to push past the general roadblocks of time constraints, worldly distractions, and perpetual procrastination to make time to actually WRITE!
This is your opportunity to move seamlessly past the hardest part of writing —
finding the time to recreate, realign and refocus. On this retreat, your only intent is to get your words on paper.
We know focus is important, but deprivation is not mandatory… so we’re mixing it up with a little socializing and a potluck lunch!
Need more MOTIVATION? How about a HUNDRED BUCKS? That’s the prize for the In Print writing contest. This is your chance to commit to creating an entry! In Print has provided the GOAL and now we’re providing the TIME. (no excuses!)
- When: Sunday, April 29, 2012 9am- 6pm
- Where: Camp Winnebago 5700 N. Main St. Rockford, IL
- $10 for members; $15 for non-members
- Cash or checks will be accepted at the door.
- 9 – 10 am, Coffee and set-up to write
- 10 – Noon, WRITE – silent time
- Noon – 1 pm, Potluck Lunch- please bring a dish to pass and your own plates, utensils, and beverage (no alcohol). Coffee and water will be provided.
- 1-5 pm, WRITE – silent time
- 5 – 6 pm, Reconvene to discuss writing, socialize and provide feedback.
Tables and chairs indoors will be provided. Bring your own lawn or bag chair if you want to sit outside. Laptops and phones are welcome but during writing times, all sound should be muted. Please bring an extension cord for your computer.