In Print rescheduled this workshop, so you still have time to sign up!
Everyone knows that no one is going to help you promote your writing and your writing career. In this current transmedia digital marketplace you need to know how to establish and maintain your writer’s platform. Your writer’s platform exists for the work you have already completed, the work you are writing right now and for the future work that is on its way to you. It is your web real estate that solidifies you as a full-fledged legitimate writer. Topics covered:
- Why you need your writer’s platform to be in place
- How to write reach-out letters and emails, prep your writer’s platform, and generate interest in your work as a writer on a grass roots level
- How to negotiate with other websites and platforms so they’ll generate more-than-average publicity for you and/or hire you as a writer
- When and if you should hire an outside publicist and why and how to do this
- Being assertive and asking for what you want no matter if you are a beginning writer or a published novelist.
Laurie Scheer, presenter.
Saturday, December 7, 2013, 10:00 am to 1:30 pm
at Cherry Valley District Library, 755 E. State Street, Cherry Valley, IL 61016.
Registration closes November 30, 2013. Space is limited.
Members fee – $60. Members can pay below via PayPal.
Non-member fee – $75.
Please make checks out to In Print and mail them to the address below.
In Print – Attention: WordPress Workshop
P.O. Box 2146
Loves Park, IL 61130
Would you like to join In Print? Please include $30 membership fee with payment or you can join In Print online using this link.