Word of Art is a collaboration of authors and artists sponsored by In Print. Authors submit original stories. Work can be any type: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, etc. Nothing of a graphic nature will be accepted. Work must not exceed 200 words. All work must be submitted with a title.
Artists will select stories and create a canvas inspired by the work. In Print will publish a book containing the selected stories and artwork. In Print will hold a reception on September 5, 2014, to showcase the art and stories, artists and authors. Copies of the book will be available for purchase.
- People can participate as both author and artist. Note: You cannot select your own story.
- Authors can submit up to five pieces. A maximum of two will be selected from any author.
- Multiple submissions should be sent separately. Include contact information and a brief biography in the third person.
- Submissions must be original and previously unpublished. Due to the length of the project, no simultaneous entries will be accepted.
- In Print will own the selected entries. Rights will revert following publication.
- Authors can submit original stories from February 8, 2014 through March 15, 2014.
Submit your work to Mary Lamphere (WordofArt@inprintwriters.com) in the body of the e-mail. No attachments.
Stories will be available for artist selection between March 29, 2014 and May 5, 2014.