The Chicago Writers Association and In Print are sponsoring the Third Annual Writers Block Party. George Rawlinson will moderate a panel, Promoting Yourself as a Writer. The panel participants are:
- Mare Swallow is a public speaker, training consultant, essayist, and founder of the Chicago Writers Conference.
- Dan Burns is a teacher and author of three books (Recalled to Life, The First 60 Seconds, and No Turning Back).
- Dana Kaye is an independent book publicist (Kaye Publicity) and frequent speaker on topics on social media, branding, and publishing trends.
- Marcie Hill is a copywriter, blogger, speaker and author (62 Posts to Overcome Blogger’s Block and How to Write a Powerful Professional Bio).
- Libby Fischer Hellman is a teacher, speaker, and author of ten Chicago-based thrillers.
Meet and greet panelists after the discussion. Soft drinks and light snacks will be provided. The party will be held at the Gail Borden Public Library (270 N. Grove Avenue, Elgin, Illinois) on Saturday, August 16th from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. The event is free and everyone is invited to attend, but you do need to reserve a seat (click here to register).