3 Days of Education, Entertainment, and Writing Inspiration
The Writer’s Institute in Madison is the highlight of the year for many In Print members. Kristin Oakley, is not only In Print’s President, but also an integral part of the Institute. Many of our members are repeat attendees and have gone from novice to published author in the time they’ve attended.
The Institute offers writers of all levels and genres the opportunity to attend workshops and sessions, listen to notable keynote speakers, and mingle with industry elite. It also offers the opportunity for personal critiques and pitching to agents. For more information, go to the UW-Madison Writer’s Institute website, here.
Registration is now open!
|‑Aspiring, emerging and experienced writers‑
- We are offering Master Classes with our keynote speakers and Continuing Studies faculty
- This year’s agents and editors are looking for material within over 40 genres, ranging from historical fiction/non‑fiction to magical realism
- There will be another successful Live Literary event for you to read your work on stage and win prizes
- We are offering an essay contest for our attendees ‑ the winner receives a complimentary registration to our conference
- Attend a luncheon event that celebrates our Page or Poem Contest winners along with our essay winner
- The first place winners of this year’s Page and Poem contests will automatically be published in the 2018 Midwest Review, so send us your contest submissions today!
- We have 35+ seminar sessions and 13 panels over 3 days
- Our Agent Q & A and Editors Q & A sessions are a chance for you to meet with our agents and editors one‑on‑one. We limit the attendance at 10 writers. (Pssst… these Q & A sessions fill up fast so sign up now ‑ fee is $10 per session)
- The book signing event features our instructors’ books as well as our attendees’ books
- The 28th annual Writers’ Institute is one of the best places to network with other writers and come away inspired, enlightened and energized about your writing as a result of spending three days with us